So I'm just back from the last official indoor MG ride for the season, it was another huge effort on a course that looked like a pyramid so much fun!!
On a positive note looking around the room all the cyclists were posting numbers that were significantly higher today than they've been all season, its so good when you start to see all your hard work paying off.
MG Ride Toronto has been meeting every wednesday since November to prepare for when our Canadian weather lets us get back out onto the road, its been really tough getting up at 4:40 am to make it in time for the 5:30 start but WOW its been worth the effort. The benefits of riding indoors are tremendous, I can honestly say that this workout is by far the hardest day of my fitness routine every week, it rivals racing crits in its intensity and it helps you increase your power output so that when you finally get onto the road and have the added benefit of gravity and draft you recover more quickly and you have more power to put into your pedals when you need to.
Lastly, a couple of big THANK YOU's
1. I'd like to thank Bob @ Watts up for being there every week - you've taken tremendous care of us, everything from making sure we have water to the angle of our fans - our needs were met and I do know that 4:30 am isn't your "normal" wake up time - thanks Bob
2. Fraser - thanks for coordinating this with the guys @ Watts Up, certainly your enthusiasm put this weekly training session together, greatly appreciated.
3. To all the guys who were there every week: Kevin, Shannon, Angus, Nick, Dan, Jason, Andrew, Duncan, Craig, Dave, Todd, Gary, you guys are the reason that the MG ride is so much fun! its motivating to know that if I don't show up I'll be hearing from at least one of you about it, we keep each other accountable and it goes a long way towards our training - GREAT WORK from all of you - I can't wait to see the pay off on the road!!!
Just got back from our weekly Wednesday morning sufferfest at Watts Up Cycling. 10 guys showed up for the hour and 20 minute indoor ride. We've been coming together as a group every wednesday since November to put in a solid hour on the bike. I can't believe the impact it is having on everyones power.
Special mention goes out to Dave Newall he put in a PB on the hour of effort and was still looking fresh at the end, he's going to be very quick this summer.
I should also mention Angus Botterell who we've seen wearing the Yellow Jersey a number of times this winter, he is obviously putting in alot of time on the trainer and it shows, his power is steadily improving!!
Finally, today we had Scott Judges of Fitt 1st who came out and took video of us on our bikes, his feedback is going to be amazing and will hopefully improve both our comfort and our power on the bikes.
Great ride today guys!!!
Bridal Path Loop - 40 kms
It was an excellent ride this am, so great to see everyone out for a crisp cool morning ride.
Its looking like lots of people have been putting in some serious time on the trainer because the speed up the Crestwood hill was incredible!!
3 loops of the Bridal Path and we were all ready to head home.
Honourable mention goes to:
- Dan Rees - you aren't breaking any speed records for your changing of a flat
- Marie - drops her bottle and keeps on rolling - who needs hydration!!
- All the boys in the sprints, showing some early season form - great to see guys