After a hugely successful couple of Years in Leaside, and our first year of Grass Track sessions last Spring in High Park, we're excited to get it moving again in 2018. Here are some details, and more will follow:
- Same grass time, same grass channel! - Wednesdays at 6pm down in the Don Valley Parking lot in Thorncliffe park for Leaside and Thursdays at 6pm in Magwood Park for High Park members. Maps are below.
- We are planning on commencing Wednesday May 9 in Leaside and Thursday May 10 in High Park, and run sessions until mid-to-late June
Leaside Location – Don Valley/Thorncliffe Park
MGCC Grass Track at Magwood Park
- There will be 3-4 groups of kids organized by ages and skill levels - generally kids ages 3-to-early teens participate.
- NEW THIS YEAR will be a dedicated mountain bike group for the older and more advanced
We have a ton of interest, and anticipate a lot of kids again this year - we may have to limit numbers, so if you're interested, please send an email or click on the links as follows:
- Click here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in Leaside,
- Click here or send an email to email@example.com if you’re interested in High Park
For either, include in the subject line "SIGN UP FOR GRASSTRACK" Please be sure to include your child's name, age and any email addresses you wish to receive communication over the season.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!!!! We need your help, and no, you don't need to be an accredited coach or instructor with 10 years of experience. We have lesson plans and drills all built out for you - we just need a few leaders to be in charge of setting up the cones and running the kids' drills, as well as some more of you to help herd the cats and keep them safe. This program won't work without you, so please consider helping! Click here if you're interested in helping, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "Potential Volunteer" and please state which Chapter you’re interested in volunteering for.
Oh, and for you Oakville and Vaughan members, we realize that these locations are less than ideal - but stay tuned, we're working hard on creating some local options for both chapters that should be ready soon. Help us gauge the numbers by clicking here or sending an email to email@example.com with the Subject Line "Oakville Interested" or "Vaughan Interested" Please do NOT do this if you're planning on attending High Park or Leaside.
Questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to get right back to you with details.