It seems that our little group has become all grow’d up.
What started as a ride for 2 has morphed into a group of 208 passionate cyclists who love to see the sun rise.
As of this email, our little social community that rides together has taken the step to become a large cycling community that is social together.
The Morning Glory Ride has formalized to become THE MORNING GLORY CYCLING CLUB (MGCC).
The MGCC is now officially associated with the Ontario Cycling Association (OCA).
Nothing has changed or will change and all the things you love about the MG Ride will be carried over to the MGCC.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU:
If you are a UCI Licence Holder, a Citizen Permit Holder, or a member of another OCA affiliated club, THE BELOW DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. However, please reply to me which group you fall into.
1. You need to join the MGCC (simple steps to follow) – just because you received emails twice weekly (sometimes more) on the Morning Glory Ride does not mean you are automatically signed up for the MGCC.
2. By joining the MGCC, you will receive cycling insurance coverage on an annual basis - www.jonesbrown.com/jonesbrowncycling/jbcycling.php
3. There is an annual club membership fee of $25
4. You need to sign a WAIVER – IT IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL
5. You need to return the SIGNED WAIVER TO ME via email, fax, mail, or by hand.
6. By joining the MGCC, you will automatically receive insurance coverage when you participate in other OCA affiliated group rides.
HOW TO JOIN THE MGCC (it will take 3 mins):
1. Please visit http://integratedsports.net/oca/esport/Default.aspx
2. Select THE MORNING GLORY CYCLING CLUB, complete info and payment
3. Print off attached MGCC Waiver, sign it, and return it to me via email, fax, mail, or by hand.
This is a very exciting step for the MGCC and one that is going to bring significant positives to your cycling experience. More details to come.
I would like to recognize the following 4 riders, who along with myself, will form the first Board of Directors of the MGCC.
The 5 of us will sit on the Board till the end of the 2012 season at which time the MGCC will elect a new Board to see it through till the end of 2014.
As always, if you have any thoughts or comments on how we can make the MGCC better, please feel free to reach out to myself or any of the 4 Gentlemen named above.